Born on June 4, 1968 in La Varenne in France, Jean-Pierre Danel began his career as a professional guitarist in July 1982, at the tender age of 14. Son of the renowned French pop singer Pascal Danel, who wrote and sang the 60s French hits "Les Neiges du Kilimandjaro" and "La Plage aux Romantiques", Danel is considered to be a self-taught guitarist, who is also successful as a record producer and composer.
It is said that legendary English guitarists Hank Marvin and The Shadows had a great influence on Jean Pierre Danel and his performances. Throughout his career, Danel toured as well as participated in numerous studio recordings with the many of the top most French musicians, including Michel Berger, Francis Cabrel, Laurent Voulzy, Johnny Hallyday, Celine Dion and Charles Aznavour among others. Simultaneously, Jean Pierre Danel released several guitar albums that not only sold hugely, but also secured him entries in top ten charts and seven gold discs in Europe.
Jean Pierre Danel was equally popular in the United States, where the Instrumental Rock Guitar Hall Of Fame honored his album “Stratospheric” with the Award for the Best Album of the Year 2000. In addition, Danel also earned the Award for the Composer of the Year for his track “Ballad for a Friend” in the same year. Danel was further honored when the Instrumental Rock Guitar Hall of Fame described him as "brilliant and expressive" guitarist.
At the turn of the century, Danel was a prominent name in the charitable UNICEF album released by Sony Music, “Guitar Masters – The Greatest Guitarists in the World” in 2001. In this album, Danel shared honors with Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, BB King, Al Di Meola, Popa Chubby, Stanley Jordan, and several other great names of the guitar’ world.
In 1989, Jean-Pierre Danel turned a producer when he established his own company called ‘Puzzle Productions’. Since then, Danel has sold over 18 million copies of 1600 albums, singles and compilations he produced or co-produced for various French and international artists. These albums have been distributed by all major companies like Sony/BMG Music, Universal, Warner Music and EMI/Virgin. His album Guitar Connections has been No. 1 in the charts in France since its release and sold over 16,000 copies till date. You will be surprised to learn that the catalogue of his company comprises 15, 000 songs and several 124 records he produced in France.
Danel received the "Grand Prix Français de la Guitare" award in June 2007 along with a multi-diamond distinction award for his contribution to the music world for 25 years. Till date, Jean-Pierre Danel has received 134 gold discs, platinius and diamond that include the Buddha Bar, Elie Kakou, or anthologies such as Top 50, Ti Amo Italia, Hits & Co, Hit Machine and others.
It is interesting to note that Danel also authored the books "Femme mode d’Emploi" and "Tribute to the Fender Stratocaster", which based on his guitar collection including "Miss Daisy" and "La Marquise". In June 2007, Danel published a biography of the French playwright, director and actor, Sacha Guitry.
- 1982 - Rarities
- 1986 -Vocals
- 1989 -Chez Toi Et Moi (Maxi)
- 1990 -The Twist Sessions
- 1993 -Chorus
- 1994 -Remember Shadows
- 1995 -Guitar Generation
- 1995 -Le Meilleur Des Shadows
- 1997 -Guitar Line
- 1997 -Play 18 Hits Of The Shadows
- 1998 -Tribute To The Shadows 40 Years – 40 Tracks (2 Cds)
- 1998 -Les Annees Shadows (2 Cds / 46 Tracks)
- 1998 -The Best Of The Guitar Legends (3 Cds / 75 Tracks)
- 1998 -The Best Of The Guitar Legends Vol.1
- 1998 -The Best Of The Guitar Legends Vol.2
- 1998 -The Best Of The Guitar Legends Vol.3
- 1998 -A Tribute To The Shadows – The Gold Series
- 2000 -Guitar Greatest (2 Cds)
- 2000 -La Legende Des Shadows
- 2000 -A Tribute To The Shadows
- 2000 -The Guitar Album
- 2000 -Stratospheric
- 2000 -Play Hits Of The Shadows
- 2001 -Tribute To The Shadows
- 2001 -The Playback Collection Vol. 1
- 2001 -The Playback Collection Vol. 2
- 2001 -The Playback Collection Vol. 3
- 2001 -The Playback Collection Vol. 4
- 2001 -Guitarmania (4 Cds / 88 Tracks)
- 2001 -Nuits Parisiennes
- 2001 -A Tribute To The Shadows (4 Cds / 80 Tracks)
- 2001 -A Tribute To The Shadows Vol 1
- 2001 -A Tribute To The Shadows Vol 2
- 2001 -2001 -A Tribute To The Shadows Vol 3
- 2001 -A Tribute To The Shadows Vol 4
- 2002 -Guitar Classics
- 2002 -Guitar Gold Themes
- 2002 -The Shadows’ Anthology - The Tribute Album By Jean-Pierre Danel
- 2002 -Essential Guitar
- 2002 -All The Best (2 Cds)
- 2003 -Guitare 5 Cd - 100 Titres
- 2005 -Guitar Greatest Hits
- 2006 -Guitar Connection (1 Cd + 1 Dvd)
- 2007 -Guitar Connection 2 (1 Cd + & Dvd)
- 2007 -Coffret Guitar Connection 1 & 2
- 2008 -Guitar Connection 3